Saturday, May 5, 2012

Cinco de Mayo!!!

Hi, everyone!!!  Jamey & I had another fun and productive day by the bay!  We got up very early this am and went fishing.  I caught 4 menomenee (I don't know how to spell that)  one got away - I almost had it and right before I was reeling it out of the water it got off the hook!  Oh, well - 4 fish were enough for a meal!  Jamey always lets me catch them!!!  He cooked them for dinner tonight and they were absolutely delicious - he is becoming very proficient in filleting - no bones and the fish were very small - a great feat!!!  We had roasted broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and onion which went excellent with the fish - a delicious and very healthy dinner!  In honor of Cinco de Mayo we had blue corn tortillas and salsa for an appetizer.   Jamey is going out again tomorrow morning before church to try to catch some more!   The sunrise was gorgeous - here is one of the pictures that I took:
  I actually got down on my stomach on the pier and took this!
Here's a picture of me and one of the fish:
Here's a picture of the light house - I really like how the sun is reflecting:

After we got home this morning Jamey went out and got 2 loads of wood and I worked here at the house.  I'm almost done with the staining - woo hoo!  Later in the afternoon Jamey & I went out and did some more work on our rock garden.  Maybe by next year we will be ready to be a part of the garden tour in Grand Marais!!!  Have a great night!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment