Thursday, May 3, 2012

May!!!

Hello, all - Jamey & I just got back from Pittsburgh on Tuesday!!!  We were there to celebrate my daughter's graduation from the University of Pittsburgh graduate school!  I guess that I am bragging a little but it's an awesome accomplishment to get a Master's Degree!!!  She is going to be a Registered Dietician and I am very proud of her.  We had a wonderful trip and spent lots of quality time with my daughter and her husband as well as my parents, and other family members.  We are very thankful for safe travels back and forth.  On the way home we received a call for some reservations and had some lovely guests - a mother and her son (who is a medical student) stay with us for the past two nights.  They are traveling around the UP during his two week break.  The best part is that they were referred to our B&B by one of our previous guests - who also happens to be a medical student.  We are so fortunate to have such interesting people stay with us from all over - and, the best compliment is to get a referral from a previous guest.  Yesterday for breakfast we served fresh wheat bread, sausage quiche, parsley potatoes, fresh grapefruit and oranges, and cranberry bread.  This morning we had cheesy scramble eggs with onions, ham and spinach, oatmeal/wheat bread, oven potatoes, fresh apple slices and molasses muffins. 

We are still working on our house, which is an ongoing job, obviously.  We have a flower garden, that is a work in progress, and some primroses and daffodils are blooming.  Here are a couple of pictures of that.
I am eager to see our other plants start to bloom!!!
Here is a picture of our elderly dog, Domino - he was watching me take the pictures of the flowers so I decided to take a picture of him.  He is doing pretty well today - he was very stressed out when we picked him up from the kennel on Tuesday.  
FYI - Jamey & I plan to go fishing tomorrow - hope we catch some!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment